It’s no secret that moving from one place to another involves careful planning and we want your move to be as simple as possible. We recommend drafting a moving checklist to stay organized and know what to expect throughout the whole process. Some options that need to be on your checklist and in your budget are:
- If you need a car shipping service
- Temporary storage with a storage unit
- How to pack hazardous items
Planning One Week at a TimeFor a successful move, you can organize your moving plan and different tasks week by week. You can search online for tips on planning your move and other helpful information. The internet is also one of the best ways to sell any of your belongings that you don't want to take with you on your move.
The Moving Day BoxAnother idea to consider is packing a box for "moving day" that has important items, such as light bulbs, tools, a flashlight, and toilet paper. If you have a dog, you'll need to pack essentials for your pets so they'll become comfortable in their new space.
Tasks to Complete Before Your MoveNo matter if you're moving locally or to a new state, if you have appliances you're taking with you, it's a good idea to have a service company come and prepare your appliances for your move. If you have any medications you need to take on moving day, keep them in your “moving day box” or in a carry-on you plan to keep with you on the move. Here are a few other tasks to complete before your move:
- Make sure you clean your refrigerator and pantry thoroughly and take care of any last-minute errands before moving day.
- If you're moving out of state, we advise you to contact your bank and credit card company and update them on your new location.
- You'll also need to find grocery stores, gyms, a doctor's office, and a school if you have school-age children in your new community.
Important DocumentsWhen you're about to make the move, keep all your important documents with you and not packed away. Documents, such as:
- Social security cards
- Lease agreement for the new place
- Health insurance cards
- New mailing address
Checklist: One Month Prior to Moving Day
- Call Just-In Time as far ahead as you can to ensure availability.
- Notify the post office to obtain a change of address or do it online.
- Notify your healthcare physician, dentist, and other service providers if you are moving out of the area. You may want to get copies of your health records as well.
- Order moving supplies. Just-In Time Moving offers reasonable pricing and free delivery in Arizona with a minimum box purchase. Call for more information!
- Do you have any unwanted items or things you need to leave behind? We offer junk removal services as well! Let us know and we'll take care of you.
- Schedule your elevator slot, reserve the loading dock, and make parking space reservations for move day at both the pickup and delivery locations.
- Begin packing; clearly mark boxes with a marker indicating which room they will be going into at delivery. This will save you money by reducing the amount of time the movers will be at your location.